Compliance with Privacy and Data Protection Laws
Types of Information Collected
We may collect and hold personal information about you, that is, information that can identify you, such as your name, email address, phone number, country of residence and other information relevant to providing you with the services you are seeking.
Purposes of Collection & Usage
We will collect and use your personal information for the following reasons:
- providing information and services to you or someone else you know;
- processing an application or request you have made;
- providing you with information about other services that may be of interest to you that we, our members, preferred travel distributors or other affiliated organisations, may offer;
- providing you with promotional information about us, our members, preferred travel distributors and other affiliated organisations via e-newsletters;
- undertaking various activities required by law;
- facilitating our internal business operations, including compliance with any legal requirements; and
- analysing our services and customer needs with a view to developing new or improved services.
If you agree, Australian Wildlife Journeys will share your data with our members, preferred travel distributor partners and other affiliated organisations, for the purposes of providing you with information about product, services and various promotions that might be of interest to you.
- Member Partners: Australian Coastal Safaris, Boutique Wildlife Tours, Echidna Walkabout Nature Tours, Exceptional Kangaroo Island, Exmouth Dive & Whalesharks Ningaloo, FNQ Nature Tours, Lords Safaris, Naturaliste Charters, Premier Travel Tasmania, The Maria Island Walk
- Preferred Travel Distribution Partners: Swain Destinations, Down Under Answers, Discover the World and Australia-Naturally.
We may also disclose personal information about you to:
- other service providers who provide the various services that you have requested or that we have arranged with your express or implied consent.
Method of Collection
Failure to Provide Information
If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete and/or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you, or someone else you know, with the services you or they are seeking.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality Cookies – Australian Wildlife Journeys uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising Cookies – Australian Wildlife Journeys uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
How to manage cookies: You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect server logs. The statistics and log files may be preserved indefinitely and used at any time and in any way necessary to prevent security breaches and to ensure the integrity of the information supplied by Australian Wildlife Journeys. Your personal information will not be released unless the law permits it or your permission is granted.
We have carefully chosen these cookies and have taken steps to ensure that your privacy and personal data is protected and respected at all times. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities unless we are compelled to do so by law. The data and log files may be preserved indefinitely and used at any time and in any way necessary to prevent security breaches and to ensure the integrity of the information supplied by Australian Wildlife Journeys. Your personal information will not be released unless the law permits or requires it or your permission is granted.
Links to Other Websites
This website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. You acknowledge that we will not be liable in respect of any breach of data protection or privacy laws arising out of your interaction with a third party or third party website (whether or not you have accessed the third party website via a link from our website).
Security of personal data
If and when we provide your personal information to our members, distribution partners or other affiliated organisations, we will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that those third parties have in place adequate policies in order to provide similar protection of your personal data and privacy in accordance with applicable privacy laws. However we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices for any third parties.
Storage of your personal information
We keep your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it has been collected. In any communication we send you, there will be the option for you to unsubscribe. We will actively review the personal data we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal, business or consumer need for it to be retained.
We store your personal information in different ways, including on paper and in electronic form. We take commercially acceptable measures and comply with all applicable privacy laws to ensure that your personal information is stored safely to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. These may include both electronic and physical security measures.
Australian Wildlife Journeys would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request correction of any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request completion of the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request erasure of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request restriction processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at via the contact details located below.
Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer is responsible for all matters concerning the proper management and legal compliance of data protection and privacy matters. The Data Protection Officer:
- manages data protection and privacy related queries, incidents and complaints;
- conducts necessary audits of data management practices;
- coordinates privacy related training, when necessary.
Reporting data and privacy incidents
If you become aware of a data or privacy incident, including an actual or suspected data breach, you should immediately report this incident via the Contact Us page on our website. A data or privacy incident means an actual or suspected data breach as defined under applicable privacy laws including:
- the use or disclosure of personal data for a purpose that is not authorised by the individual or by law; or
- the loss, accidental or unlawful destruction, misuse, unauthorised access, alteration or unauthorised disclosure of personal data.
Complaints relating to how we handle your personal data
Data Protection Officer Australian Wildlife Journeys,
1139 Playford Highway, Cygnet River, SA 5223, Australia